Sunday, January 24, 2010

makeshift shelter : experience

today is unseasonably warm for a winter in greensboro. it is sixty degrees, the sun is shining, and the campus is full of life. it is the perfect day to relax and escape the stresses of school and work. sitting here, i become more aware of all the activity surrounding me. the tree whose leaves wave in the gentle breeze. the student running to avoid being late. the couple tucked away under a tree trying to salvage what little privacy they have. each direction yields something new, both inside and outside this cozy space. as energy and inspiration flow through me, i can't wait to record the world around me. with a blank sketchbook in hand, i pick up the pen not knowing where to lay the first stroke. vibrant colors, patterns, textures, people surround me, vying for my attention. all fighting to be the subject of my artistic expression. the thought energizes yet soothes me because i am in control. the possibilities are endless.

No comments: