Monday, April 26, 2010

design[ing] happiness

i couldn't decide on just one space that makes me happy, so i decided to post three. different elements of each appeal to me and make me happy.


this room makes me happy because of the neutral colors and the large windows. i like a lot of natural light and floor-to-ceiling windows are a must-have for me! the stone walls on the interior give the room a natural, earthy feel which puts me at piece.


this second room also has the same neutral, calm effect as the previous one. the contrast between furniture frames and cushions, as well as the subtle bursts of color, appeal to me. the horizontal lines of the room make me feel comfortable and embraced.


this final room appeals to my new sense of color. i have recently fallen in love with the color scheme of grey, white, and one other color, preferably yellow or coral. this room uses grey, but manages to stay bright and cheery with the use of yellow and white to keep everything light, airy, and clean.

No comments: